Friday 12 February 2010

FAREWELL ALEXANDER MCQUEEN











It was such a shock to hear of Alexander McQueen’s passing today. I am such a huge fan of his work and his talent, vision and his genius will be missed. It feels so odd that we will never see another theatrical show, another set of ideas and his take on the world. Any art is about ideas, expression and soulfulness and McQueen’s work screamed originality and excellence. I loved McQueen’s hard-edged S&M approach to romanticism and for me he belonged in a romanticism trinity along with John Galliano and Vivienne Westwood some of my other favourite designers. The world has lost an interesting, creative and talented soul. RIP.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your kind comments 水晶 ! Here is the translation

    "Thanks for sharing such useful info. Good stuff!"

    (thank you Melissa for translating this from Cantonese for me!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails