Wednesday 10 March 2010

GOODBYE COREY HAIM










Ok, now I am a child of the 80s and was what would be now known as a rather excitable tween back in the day. I have always loved all things music and movies and I had a massive crush on the teen movie star Corey Haim, who was the Zac Efron of his day. I loved him in the cult movie ‘Lost Boys’, which showcased loads of young rat pack esque 80s stars such as Keifer Sutherland, Jason Patric, Corey Feldman, Alex Winter from ‘Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure’. Corey squeaked his way through that movie as his voice was just breaking (bless him). I also loved ‘License to Drive’ it was all so glamourous set in 80s America, home of the big hair and where you could drive at just 15, all quite dreamy for a London based tween. In that film he starred with a super young Heather Graham ('The Hangover'/ 'Boogie Nights') and his best buddy on and off screen Corey Feldman- they were known as the two Coreys. Corey Haim was a teen heartthrob as he was cheeky, funny, cute and adorable on screen and I  ed him.

I was really sad to learn today he had passed away from what they think might be a drugs overdose at the age of 38. Like so many child stars Corey battled years of drug abuse and it is so so sad. Goodbye Corey Haim and RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails