Friday 23 April 2010

TOM FORD PRIVATE BLEND LIP COLOR COLLECTION












As well as being smoking hot, Tom Ford really knows what women want and tomorrow Mr Ford is giving us all just that with the launch of  his delicious new lipstick range the Private Blend Lip Color Collection. The line boasts 12 shades and brace yourself comes in at £35, 0870 034 2566, www.tomford.com, but I think it’s worth it for the sheer quality and decadence and the range really does have something for everyone with nudes, reds, browns and deep plums. Besides £35 is a lot cheaper than a mini break and with the crunch you have to get your kicks somewhere, right?  

The packaging has that expensive heavy weight to it and a reassuring click. The formula is really smooth, nourishing and creamy as it’s laced with Brazilian murumuru butter, Chamomilla Flower oil and Soja Seed extract. The lipstick bullet is also embossed with TF, which is tres chic. I love the pigment, it is in fact ridiculously rich and as I’m typing I can still see a faint smear of some lipstick on my hand, it’s been there for hours, even with me washing my hands OCD style- love it.

I’m loving the Black Orchid and Bruised Plum shade for my dark skin tone (very Billy Holiday without the smack problem) and I love the True Coral shade and classic Blush Nude, which I think will fly off the shelves for the summer. If you’re a bit of a scaredy cat when it comes to proper full on pigment you can use the lipstick as a stain by dabbing it onto the lips with your fingers and then pop a gloss on top. I like to use it straight from the tube for an intense look, which is very Ingrid Bergman/ Film Noir/ 40s. Tom Ford thank you so much for bringing sexy back.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails