Tuesday 5 October 2010

AUTUMN'S STATEMENT RED LIPS











Ohhhh it's time for a statement red lip, which is so exciting. Red lips were back with an ass kicking avengence on the catwalks this A/W 10 of Karl Lagerfeld (loved the patent leather effect), Sass & Bide (gothic burgundy) and a worn red lip was seen at Moschino. For me red lips will forever be my mama's look, as she vamped it it up hard in the 80s with a power red lip. There is nothing more sexy and grown up than a red lip. You can't be as Britney so eloquently puts it, "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman". Red lips are all about embracing the woman inside of you and being fearless. Repeat after me, everyone can wear a red lip, like clothes you just have to know your red lip rules. If you have a warmer skin tone no matter your ethnicity, tomato warmer red shades look great on you. Deep aubergine / berry shades look (try MAC's Kittenish lipstick, £12.50) great on darker and cooler skin tones as well as giving blondes and brunettes are more vampy feel. Also look out for reds that have lots of blue in it if you have a cooler skin tone. For the purest amongst you, nothing beats MAC's Russian Red lipstick, £12.50, www.maccosmetics.co.uk, for a classic red which will never date just like a Hermes Birkin bag- you know what I mean!

I've been a busy bee this month and here is another film my company Couture Communications, www.couturecommunications.com produced for Sky Showbiz on how to create a 3 different red lip looks seen on the catwalk.


Sky Showbiz


2 comments:

  1. I've been afraid of a red lip up until very recently. I thought my uneven cupids bow was painfully obvious and my large top lip would make it look TOO vampy. I've since been building myself up...an extra dab of lipstick each time I wear it until I can whack it on without even thinking.
    LOVE this post! It helped a lot and made me realise I can branch out a little more! Thank you.
    Chrissy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Chrissy! I really appreciate you saying that and am
    so glad you are rocking a red lip!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails